The Indiana Math and Science Academy is committed to creating a school environment that effectively meets the unique needs of all students. Its admission policies comply with all state and federal regulations, which state in part that Charter Schools shall be open to all students, on a space available basis; and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, ancestry.
- Fill out the application form.
You may obtain it directly from the school or download the enrollment forms from the school’s website at www.imsaindy.org.
- Submit your completed application in person or via mail to the school. If you mail your enrollment forms, please confirm its receipt by calling the school.
Indiana Math and Science Academy students will be selected during open enrollment on a first come first served basis, based on the date their completed application is received by the school.
If necessary, a Lottery will be held at IMSA on April 8, 2017. The students who are selected as a result of the lottery will need to complete the enrollment procedures. Parents will have two weeks after the lottery date to complete the process (April 24, 2017).
IMSA Administration will send a confirmation letter to all incoming students in order to verify their enrollment or their place on the waiting list.
- Once enrolled the following documents will need to be provided:
- Copy of Student’s Immunization Record
- Copy of Student’s Birth Certificate
- The school will contact you to schedule an orientation. You will then receive information about lockers, schedules, rules and procedures.
If IMSA receives more applicants than spaces available, a waiting list will be formed following the lottery. As space becomes available, starting with the first student on the waiting list, students will be contacted to see if they are still interested in enrolling.
- Recruitment begins with our current families. Our re-enrollment campaign will officially occur in the entire month of February 2017. Re-enrollment forms will be mailed to the address of all currently enrolled students. Current students will be given first priority to secure enrollment for the 2017-18 school year. The re-enrollment form also asks for data about siblings desiring to enroll at IMSA.
- Once the re-enrollment forms are received and reviewed, those families with siblings wishing to enroll for 2017-18 will be mailed additional enrollment packets. They are given preference prior to the open enrollment period.
- Open enrollment runs March 1, 2017 through March 24, 2017.
- If the number of enrollment forms exceeds the number of spots available, we will hold a lottery on April 8, 2017 at IMSA.
- The following week, we will mail acceptance letters to each family, along with additional information such as the student handbook, dress code policy, transportation information, and small group orientation schedules.
- After the lottery has been conducted, we will continue to enroll students on a waitlisted basis. The waitlist will be monitored and adjusted as needed throughout the course of the summer. When openings arise, the families will be notified.
- From the months of March to July, we will hold open house presentations. The presentations will include PowerPoint presentations about the school as well as school tours.