What is Parent University?
Parent University is a community collaborative led by IMSA WEST SCHOOL and the PTO to help our parents become full partners in their children’s education.
IMSA WEST SCHOOL partners with community partners and organizations along with our fabulous
staff of educators to offer learning sessions, activities and family events that will equip our parents
with new or additional skills, knowledge, resources and confidence.
Parent University will provide an array of learning sessions/classes to appeal to all our parents. Some examples include back to school orientations; In-services on state standards/curriculum, assessments and instructions; navigating our school’s web pages; English learner classes; Personal Growth classes; Health and Wellness classes; and Parenting Awareness Classes. All of which will empower you as a parent to raise confident, educated children ready for this global society.
PARENT UNIVERSITY ACTIVITIES
- OCTOBER 30TH 5-7PM TRUNK OR TREAT
- NOVEMBER 4TH, 9:00-11:00AM, ELECTRONIC GAMES FOR HOME AND RESOURCES
- JANUARY 13TH, 9:00-11:00AM, AT-HOME EDUCATION RESOURCES.
- FEBRUARY 10TH, 9:00-11:00AM, NWEA/IREAD/ISTEP (COINCIDES WITH PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES)
- MARCH 3RD, 9:00-11:00AM, HEALTH CARE
- APRIL 12TH, 4-7PM, LITERACY NIGHT (LED BY JACKSON, HOT DOGS PROVIDED)
- Session Concept SIS and DOJO (Getting Connected) (No school day)
- Parent University Saturday, 9 am-1 pm.
- Parent meeting about science Fair (PU event)
- Thursday, 3:15-5:00 pm
- Parent University Session on Promotion Policies (No school day)
- Learning about Intervention and Promotion Policies. Parent University Saturday, 9:30 am-11:30 am.
- Parent University Session Technology Safety (No school day)
- Parent University Saturday, 9:30 am- 11:30 am.
- Parent University Movie Night – Movie Night (Drive-in) Sponsored by Parent University Wednesday, 4:30-6:00 pm
- Parent Session: Testing for Success: IREAD TEST Testing for Success regarding IREAD testing. Third Grade team will facilitate with PU committee helping. Wednesday, March 6th, 3:15-5:00 pm
- Parent meeting regarding ILEARN testing (No school day)
- Parent meeting regarding ILEARN testing. (No school day) Saturday, 9:30 am-11:30 am Mr. Dunn will facilitate with APAs helping
- Parent Session Social Emotional Learning (No school day) Parent University Saturday, 9:30 am -11:30 am.